Our Community Recreation Program was established in 1976 with a mission to positively impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities throughout Clay County. During the last 40 years this program has provided thousands of activities and events that have promoted physical well-being, social development, educational enhancement, friendships, community integration and life skills development.
During our long history thousands of individuals have enhanced their physical, social and educational skills while participating in our community recreation program. Many individuals have developed life-long friendships and life-long interests. We know one couple that met years ago, while at one of our bowling nights, and they recently celebrated their 18th wedding anniversary.
Our Recreation Program supports over 400 activities each year for over 500 participants.
Our Recreation Department is a member of:
- Missouri Parks and Recreation Association (MPRA)
- National Recreation and Park Association (NPRA)
- American Camp Association (ACA)
KC Power and Speed Co
Our sports program, KC Power & Speed Co., is a year-round competitive training program designed for athletes with physical disabilities to:
• develop sports skills in Boccia (adapted Bocce), Bowling, and Athletics
• promote goal setting
• enhance physical fitness through adaptive physical exercise
• provide fun experiences
• give the opportunity to participate in local, state, regional, national, and international meets
Premier Bowling & Recreation Center
1140 East 350 Highway
Raytown, MO 64138
Mark McMillan: 913-481-4726 (c)
Terri Jones McMillan, JCPRD Special Population Services: 816-503-4853 (w); 816-918-8017 (c)